Setting boundaries helps to reduce uncertainty. I discovered that putting some rules in place enables Product Managers and the teams they work with to be more creative, flexible, independent, and move faster.
These are my 6 rules of Product Leadership:
1. Give teams problems to solve, not tasks to do
2. Set principles and trust the team to act within them
3. Be obsessed with your users and their journeys
4. Think big, build small, experiment and ship fast
5. Set the vision. Tell the Product story. Frequently.
6. Listen to the team. They usually know a lot.